I was in Paris for the 3rd time around July 2014 and decided to leave earlier than I had anticipated. In this article, I would like to divulge my experience with Emirates A380 Economy Review. In late August 2014, I had a chance to fly with Emirates Flight EK074, A380 airbus for the second time, which is one of the newest aircrafts that launched few years ago. I had the opportunity to book with an airline of my choice via CheapOair, one of the most popular travel websites with high value and low costs travel options. Naturally, I chose my favourite airline, which is Emirates. This flight flew from Paris to Dubai for 6 hours. It was one of the best flights I’ve ever been with hardly any turbulences during mid air. It went smoothly during take off and landing. The flight attendants were attentive and helpful to all the passengers. Though, despite the crying babies and complaining mothers and passengers across the aisle were making too much noise did however disturb my sleep.
Here is my review of this new aircraft starting with pros.
Emirates is in partnership with Qantas Airways, thus the flight number is also QF 8074.
- The aircraft is much larger in comparison to older aircrafts of Austrian,Thai, Cathay, Malaysia and Singapore airlines.
- It has bigger leg space allowing me to place my hand carry bag by my feet without any issues.
- It has lots of space to stretch out and move my legs around while seated.
- The size and width of the seats are considerably more spacious allowing you to move freely.
- The aircraft provides multiple forms of entertainment including a variety of films, latest movies and world movies with different languages along with Family and kid friendly entertainment ensuring that you’d never get bored while on the flight. It also comes with multiple news, radio and music.
- Wifi in the aircraft has been implemented in addition to your entertainment. This obviously allows you to connect to the internet using your smartphone, tablet or laptop. You can easily connect to your social media and email allowing you to keep yourself updated while on midair.
- I strongly believe that having wireless Internet while flying makes flying easier as it allows you to let your friends and family stay updated on your journey. Also, in case of an emergency you can quickly send everyone a message in midair.
- In flight service is fantastic!! Cabin crews are helpful and friendly with exceptional customer service that extends to serving meals and drinks.
- The aircraft is very clean.
- Even though they have installed wifi service in flight you still have to pay for the Internet data in order to get connected to the Internet.
- To get connected to the Internet you must select wifi on air and then purchase either 5mb data for $5 or 50mb data for $15 using your credit card.
- Wireless Internet is not strong enough as I tried purchasing some data and used my samsung note 3 to browse the Internet and the speed of the wireless internet didn’t impress me. I am not sure if this was due to the size of the Internet data I had purchased or because of the wireless service itself.
- It’s expensive and it has very limited data for the price you pay for.
- I think Emirates should make the wireless Internet free for use for passengers as not all travelers can afford to pay the extra money for the Internet.
- The choices of meals from Paris to Dubai departing at 15:35 was not the greatest. It consisted of salmon salad for entree, lamb and butter chicken with rice for main and a chocolate cake for dessert. I had ordered butter chicken and it wasn’t the best as compared to other airlines such as Malaysia Airlines. I think Malaysia Airlines has better meal options and of course a terrible recent track record when it comes to Tahoe planes.
Overall, there’s more pros than cons with this aircraft. I definitely enjoyed flying with Emirates again but in the A380. Emirates had always been one of my favourite airlines and there is no doubt that I will be flying with them again in the near future.
What are your experiences with Emirates Airlines?
Amazon Associates Disclosure: FashionTravelAccessories.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking FashionTravelAccessories.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, Amazon, endless.com, myhabit, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Amazon Associate Disclosure: FashionTravelAccessories.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking FashionTravelAccessories.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.