Hey beauties, as a fashion, beauty and travel passionada, I’ve developed a variety of interesting skills along the way. One of which is how to curl your hair with a straightener. That’s right, you can definitely curl your hair with a straightener in 5-10 minutes depending how long your hair is. There are various types of hair straightener or flat iron you could use but in this article I will be demonstrating my favourite GHD hair straightener, which I’ve had for 6 years. The good thing about using GHD is that it’s so easy to use, it’s slim and compact that allows you to pack and carry everywhere you go. I’ve used and travel with this tool since 2011. It comes with a case so you can easily place it inside without having to worry your GHD getting damaged in your luggage. This GHD is also important to take with you while traveling especially if you have a problem with having bad hair days, frizzy and unmanageable hair (like my hair type). My hair is a combination of curly, frizzy and wavy so whenever I travel I must carry my GHD to make me feel confident and look nice throughout the day. Yes, I know that to be confident is not about looking nice and pretty but it’s also how you feel inside. So without further ado, follow the steps below. My instructions bellow will help you achieve that beautiful curled hair that you desire.
- Prepare or plug your hair straightener first. Wait until you hear a beep (when it’s hot enough) that means it’s ready to use.
- Spray your hair with a heat protectant first. This prevents from damaging your hair and will create long lasting curls and shine.
- Section your hair into half and tie the top half in a bun using a hair clip or any types of hair clips.
- Grab a small section of your hair to start curling. Make sure that you grab a thin to medium section of your hair in order to achieve define curls.
- You can either start from the back or front of your hair however you feel comfortable. As you can see from the photo below, I usually like to start to curl starting from the back of my hair by grabbing each small section.
- Work your way by curling section to section until you finish the bottom half of your hair and then move up to curl the other half up.
- Clamp your hair straightener from the top then twist it (facing away your face or however you like it) once or twice and then start sliding it towards the end.
- As you twist the hair straightener and sliding it towards the end, your hair starts to create a curl leaving it voluminous.
- Please make sure that you do not clamp the straightener too hard and leaving it too long in one area of your hair as this will cause damage and leaving your hair very dry.
- As you twist your hair from the top please make sure that you start to slide the hair straightener towards the end of your hair and then release the straightener gently.
- Repeat this process to each section of your entire hair until you reach the desire curls.
Here you have it my beauties! You should have achieved some beautiful curls by following my instructions above. Your hair should now look similar to my curls that I just created. Using your hair straightener to curl will definitely give you bouncier, looser and voluminous hair than using a typical curling iron and most importantly it only takes minutes to achieve this look. The reason why I also prefer to use one tool to curl or straighten my hair it’s because it requires less effort, which means I don’t need to carry several hair tools with me when I’m traveling or staying the night some place else. I try my best to pack very light as I can so therefore I only take my GHD hair straightener as it does a good job leaving my hair looking so healthy, sleek, shiny and voluminous. Also, the best thing about curling my hair using my GHD is that I can easily do it and achieve the look I want in 5-10 minutes and to me that’s probably the fastest I could get my hair done effortlessly. When you’re traveling and sightseeing all you want to do is get everything done in a hurry every morning so you can make the most of the day exploring the city and that is why it’s very important to take with you a straightener that provides fast and long lasting effect. And when you have to commute everyday to work you also try to get ready in a hurry every morning and the GHD really does wonder to your hair without damaging your hair and making you late for work or any events.
If you’re wondering where I got my GHD hair straightener from. I purchased it from here with a good deal, free shipping and return. This GHD is also available in a variety of colours, sizes, style and versions to choose from with the BEST PRICE, FREE SHIPPING & RETURN.
Alternatively, you can also follow my instructional hair tutorial video in order to achieve this look. If you haven’t already subscribed yet, please subscribe so you won’t miss out my new vlog or tutorials.
I hope you enjoyed this hair tutorial. Which hair straightener do you mostly use and how do you normally curl your hair?
Amazon Associates Disclosure: FashionTravelAccessories.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking FashionTravelAccessories.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, Amazon, endless.com, myhabit, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Amazon Associate Disclosure: FashionTravelAccessories.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking FashionTravelAccessories.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.